Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Made It 8-4-14

Monday Made it Part 3!


I know I showed the desk earlier as part of a Wordless Wednesday, but I'm including it since I finally finished the matching Mailboxes to go with it!




Before




After





The matching Mailboxes! These mailboxes are going on their 16th year. My mom bought them her first year teaching, and last school year got a new set. I had a different set that I inherited from somewhere before I even had a classroom, but they were in really, really bad shape. I wish I had taken a before picture of my current set, there were layers and layers of old name tags that refused to peel off, and since I used 3M hooks on the side to hang my passes the paneling on the sides was peeling in spots. I LOVE contact paper!



Chevron contact paper for the sides and on to the back, Whiteboard contact paper for the rest of the back with a cute Lime Green polka dot border and some Lime Green masking tape for the front plastic and they are like all new mailboxes! I just need to decide how I will attach the kids names. I'm thinking about using the number system this year since labels do not easily come off book bins, so maybe I'll spray paint some binder clips and add numbers that way. Besure to check back in a week or so to see what I decide!


 I forgot to take a picture of the finished back, and I need help deciding what I will use it for, so when I stop into school tomorrow I will update the post and would love ideas!

I didn't make this the Awesome Lindsey from http://lpaulldesigns.blogspot.com/ did.  My Blog got a new design this week!  I am so excited about the way it looks, and she even made me a matching cover photo for my soon to exist Facebook and a banner for my Brand new TPT store.


I made my first product for TPT this week! I have made so many of my own things for my classroom I decided to share my new Birthday board.  I have also started going through all of the things I have made over the last 2 years I have been teaching and the 2 years I was a reading tutor (and hadn't discovered TPT) so see what else I can share.


School starts again for Teachers on the 25th so I know I will have a lot more Monday Made Its to show in the next few weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog in 4th Grade Frolics Monday Made It Link up. Your new blog design is fabulous. I love it! Your desk and mailbox makeovers look great, as well! Good luck on your TPT store. I wish you all the best.

    intransition678.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! The lighter color makes me so happy

      Delete
  3. I love the desk. What a difference a little color makes. And the matching mailboxes are adorable.

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I agree everything in life needs a little color!

      Delete