Saturday, August 2, 2014

High and Low-Week of 7/2/14

Its the weekend and that means its time to join AFirstforEverything for another weekly Linky Party!

Click picture to jump to A First for Everything
I didn't get a chance to link up last weekend because my mom, sisters, Gram and I had a girls day/night in the city (NYC). We saw a Hysterical show call Bullets over Broadway which usually stars Zach Braff (the cutie from Scrubs) but his understudy was playing that day I think because we saw the matinee. We also went to an amazing restaurant for desert called Max Brennen's. It is basically just a chocolate restaurant, although apparently it serves real food too, but who needs that!



This week was also my husband and my 1 year anniversary! This year has flown by faster than any I can remember. For my birthday this past May when I turned 30, my husband surprised me with a trip to St. John for the 2 of us and my stepson during winter vacation. This was also suppose to be an anniversary gift, but he decided since year 1 is suppose to be paper he gave me a card with the rental information for a boat while we are in St. John (I think that counts a paper!).




We also had some red velvet cheesecake I picked up the day before in the city and champagne that had been a wedding present. I forgot our frozen cupcakes in my parents freezer, but since they were frozen red velvet cupcakes the cheesecake worked out perfect. Plus this way we can eat the wedding cake with my stepson (we saved him a chocolate cupcake) since it was the part of the wedding he was most excited about.
This week was also my mom's birthday and I love when I find her just the right gift!
I also posted my very first products on TPT this week!

I met my new principal and vice principal. They both seem very nice so that's not really a low, but I LOVED my principal who just retired and my vice principal who moved to a smaller town and part time position to partially retire. They hired me 2 years ago and have been amazingly supportive. My principal was even at my wedding last summer (the vice was on vacation).

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love your wedding photos! What a beautiful bride you are. Your husband sounds like the sweetest. I have a new VP this year too. I'm a bit nervous but she seems nice. When do you go back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely a keeper. 2 new administrators and a new assistant superintendent, whose office is in our building it will be an interesting year. We go back on August 25th and the kids come back on the 28th. How about you?

      Delete