Sunday, July 20, 2014

High Low Linky Party

Since I am new to blogging, I am finding that joining Linky Parties gives my inspiration for one post and that leads to ideas for my own posts.  So when I saw A First for Everything's Idea for a new Linky Party on Instagram, I decided to join.


So on to this weeks Highs and Lows


My husband owns his own company with one of his uncles.  They rent Bounce Houses (How awesome is that?!).  Most summers he is at work since it is obviously their busiest time of year.  Its a little hard to have a bounce house in New England winters.  Usually they work alternating weekends, which is nice for short vacations but not much more.  Last summer they changed it up a bit because of our wedding and 2 week honeymoon in Ireland and Scotland.  My husband's Uncle worked 3 weekends in a row our wedding weekend through the end of our honeymoon, then when we returned my husband worked 3 in a row while his uncle went on vacation.  They decided it was nice having a longer amount of time off so they could actually go away on vacation.  So they did the same this summer.  Each would take 3 full weeks off.  So for the last 21 days, basically since I finished with school, my hubby has been on vacation with me!  We went away for a few days to Cape Cod with my parents, and other than that we have been home, hanging out and going out on our new old new boat (its new to us but a year older than I am!)  It has been such a high of my summer that we have had so much time for just us and with my step-son!


6 am and ready for the Cape!
Fishing on a windy day in the Cape

Boat Day!

Watching some TV and relaxing on a Sunday

Snuggle buddies 




















My other high for the week is that I officially started Blogging! I created the blog through Blogger before school ended in June, but I didn't write any posts until just this week.  And I have started working with Lindsey from http://teachinminddesigns.blogspot.com/ to make my blog a little more official and personal!


Since it is summer vacation, and no lows from school, my low is on more of a personal note.

 I love being a step-mom to my 5 year old Monkey, but being a step-parent is not always an easy job.  My husband and his ex (never married) have completely 50/50 joint custody, but we live in 2 different towns.  Monkey starts Kindergarten in the fall, something that was not discussed when their initial custody agreement was made, so we have been having a difficult time coming to an agreement about which district he should attend, and with the fact that there is a custody agreement for a reason (whole other long story).  We would like for Monkey to attend school in our town since it is a much stronger school system.  This was just about settled on, my stepson's mom had at one point even agreed to this until she "discovered" this was the same district that I happen to teach in.  We finally got a court date this week, something that makes my stomach drop just at the thought of it.  What should be a very exciting time for my stepson is one that we are not celebrating since there is so much uncertainty.  Once it is settled I know we will be celebrating and pumping him up until the day school starts, but until then it is just one big unknown :( .  

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! I'm soooo glad you linked up. It seems like we have a lot in cOomon besides teaching! I live in Lexington, MA and I'm a step mom too! We are planning a New England bloggers meet up in September. Do you live in MA? You can email me at afirstforeverything@gmail.com. Can't wait to see how your blog comes along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems we think alike too. I already signed up for the meet up and sent you one of the other bloggers info about it on IG!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture. Sorry about the school thing. I kind of have the same thing but I am the one with kids and my husband is the step parent. We had to do the whole court thing before our oldest started but were lucky enough there was no disagreeing because the ex never showed. Good luck and I hope he has an awesome start to the year.

    Lena
    4th Grade with Glitter

    ReplyDelete