Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hot Mess Classroom

I saw Myshoestringlife.com idea for a linky party on IG to show off our hotmess classroom, and decided to join. 


http://www.myshoestringlife.com/2014/07/show-me-your-hotmessclassroom.html
http://www.myshoestringlife.com/

 I have dropped by my school a few days, but today is the first time I started trying to make my room look like a classroom again.  In June when we check out for the year, the entire floor is emptied.  I am lucky that I have cubbies and a counter in my room since there are only 2 rooms in the building with them!  Anything on the floor; shelves, tables, file cabinets, etc. are taken out so our floors can be waxed every summer.  If shelves are one wheels they can be left full since they can be rolled out of the room.  Mine of course are not so I take my library apart every summer.


I took some pictures when I stopped by when the room was still empty.










As empty as it looks, it has so much more stuff than the very first time I walked in 2 years ago on the day I was hired.  The room had 1 kidney table and 19 kids chairs and that was it!  By the time I went in again 2 days later other teachers "donated" things they didn't want any more.

Today I felt very productive, but looking back at the pictures I took, I'm pretty sure all I did was make a mess!








And I took these pictures before I decided to try and organize my library!


Take some pics of your class and link up with Myshoestringlife.com to show how much work you have done.


Kelly

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you've been working hard! I can't imagine having to clear everything away each summer - here we have carpets in all classrooms so no waxing (or moving everything off the floor) needed!
    Glas I found your blog - I'm a new follower!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to do the same thing every year. My classroom looks like a war zone right now. I also have yellow walls. I LOVE mine:)

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the yellow, it was that way when I moved in, but it is one of the only rooms in the building that is yellow so I definitely lucked out!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by and linking up! Your room looked a like like mine in the beginning stages! I love your word wall and curtains! So adorable :) Good luck with all your organizing and setting up! I can't wait to see your final reveal!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life.

    ReplyDelete