Monday, July 28, 2014

Made it monday 7-28

Time for my 2nd edition of Monday Made it!

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/

I have been busy creating this week. My brain is in that place where it is thinking about school a ton, but I have a month before I start back so I have time to do fun stuff!





I made my beach names and name tags for my new class.  I love these letters and use them in different places throughout the year so I love having them made before the year starts.



These lead to the 2nd thing that I made this week.


I printed and laminated about 5 miles worth of things for my room including; my new calendar cards, Name tags from above, and CCSS standards.






Thank goodness for my paper cutter or I would probably still be cutting!



I finally finished the toolbox and file drawers from last week by glueing the labels to the front of all of the drawers.  I also decided I wanted the small toolbox for behind my small group table, and my mom decided she needed one too so we will be making more in the next few weeks before we both go back to school.




I put the finishing touches on my planner and it is officially 100% done and I am 100% in love. The problem when that happens is you want to show off so now my mom is insisting I make her one too!  I can't complain since the finishing touch I made with my mom's new Silhouette cutter. She has been trying all summer to make painted signs with letters and wanted to know how people put sticky letters on their whiteboards in school. She had never heard of a Silhouette cutter until last week when I mentioned it to her.  She bought one immediately, and I was put in charge of making it work.  My monogram was what we decided to start with (ambitious) since she couldn't decide what she wanted to cut first.










I am officially obsessed with the Silhouette cutter and promise to show all of the projects we will be making over the next few weeks and how I'm getting ready for my new group of 1st graders!

On a personal note, it was my husband and my 1 year anniversary this weekend and I can't imagine being married to a more supportive and caring man. Anyone who marries a teacher deserves a special place in heaven for all that they do to support us!

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been super busy this week! All your "made its" look great!
    Mechele
    Barrow's Hodgepodge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your planner looks fabulous! I can empathize with the "miles long" lamination! I love having my things laminated, but the cutting out part takes forever. :)
    - Kelly :)
    Mrs. Campbell's Kids

    ReplyDelete